It's hard to believe anyone would want to put oil on their face right?! Especially CACTUS OIL! We have all heard forever that oil will clog the pours and create problem skin! Well friend, I am here to tell you that slathering your face with oil, prickly pear cactus seed oil to be exact is the best idea ever!
- NUTRIENT RICH Opuntia Ficus Indica cactus or more commonly known as Prickly Pear cactus contains a seed oil also called Barbary fig seed oil which is noted for having 150% more vitamin E than Argan oil! It is also ranked very high in unsaturated fatty acids coming in at 88%!
- WONT CLOG POURS Because it is high in Linoleic acid (an Omega 6 fatty acid) and low in Oleic acid with a ratio of 3:1, prickly pear oil is non comedogenic meaning it will not clog your pours causing unsightly breakouts!
- REDUCES WRINKLES Prickly pear seed oil as mentioned before is high in vitamin E. vitamin E helps in cell renewal and free radical absorption. High fatty acid content helps to firm the skin by maintaining moisture throughout the day.
- BRIGHTENS TIRED SKIN Again, because prickly pear seed oil is nutrient dense it packs a punch, and this punch actually has the power to lighten under eye circles, age spots, and scars. Works well on spider veins and rosacea too!
- ABSORBED EASILY BY THE SKIN This cactus seed oil is smooth and luscious as it goes on but quickly absorbs leaving your skin refreshed and glowing.
- INTENSE HYDRATION There is a reason we went looking in the desert for skin care! We wanted our dry aging skin to feel young again! Fresh! Glowing! We found that the Prickly Pear cactus seed oil stood up to our hefty request! Offering high levels of lanoleic acid, flavonoids, which are anti inflammatory, zinc, Vitamin k and vitamin E. Prickly Pear seed oil is the magic weapon for a youthful fresh look.
- RESTORES DAMAGED COLLAGEN We are constantly exposed to stressors and chemicals throughout the day that can lead to inflammation. Inflammation can damage collagen over time. Prickly Pear seed oil helps fight inflammation which in turn helps fight the sights of aging.
So now you know why this desert beauty is making its way into our skincare regimen!
Joanna and Nichole